We will train people with a learning disability or autism to become empowerment coaches.
- Practice your own speaking up skills
- Build confidence
- Understand the impact speaking up can have
- Develop resources and information
- Learn how to use your skills and resources to encourage others to speak up
The training is for 10 people, with a learning disability or autism who:
- are 18 years or older
- live in County Durham
- have a supporter to join them on this training and to support them in their role as an empowerment coach
The training will be done using ‘zoom’ so you will need to have a computer or SMART mobile phone and an internet connection to join.
This will give you a chance to develop and practice your digital skills too.
There are 7 sessions in the training course.
The training will be delivered by Julia Smith, Communications Team, Durham Enable, Durham County Council and Kirsty Morgan, Project Support Co-ordinator, Inclusion North.
Watch the Empowerment Training on the right hand side of this page.
For dates and times click on the information pack on the right hand side of this page.
Please complete the ‘note of interest’ form by the 4th January 2022 on the right hand side of this page if you would like to become an Empowerment Coach in 2022!