Engagement opportunity for development of an Autism Strategy in Northumberland
The National Strategy for Autistic Children, Young People, and Adults 2021-2026 outlined 6 main areas which would help make life better for autistic people:
• Improve understanding and acceptance of autism in society
• Improve autistic children, young people’s access to education, and supporting positive transition to adulthood
• Supporting more autistic people into employment
• Tackling health & care inequalities
• Building the right support in the community and supporting people in inpatient care
• Improving support within the criminal justice and youth justice system
A localised Northumberland Autism Strategy is to be written. The Northumberland Autism Partnership Board has started to think about this. They used a set of questions at a recent meeting to start gathering ideas, understanding, experience etc. to guide what goes into the strategy.
Inclusion North are helping to gather the voice of autistic people and their families to feed into the strategy using similar questions via a range of engagement routes:
- There is an online survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NNX92WK
The online survey will be open until 5pm on 31st August
- Online Zoom drop-in sessions
- Face-to-face drop-in sessions
We are also arranging to meet with key groups and link via social media. People are invited to contact us directly should any of the other routes not prove suitable.
Kellie.email@example.com 07876 145390
Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org 07539 06346
Please click on the resources on the right hand side of this page to find out the date and time information for the online drop-in sessions and face-to-face drop in sessions.