Families networks in Yorkshire & Humber and the North East
This page tells you how we support family members of people with learning disabilities to meet and work together.
There are two networks - one in the North East and one in Yorkshire and Humber. These networks are part of the National Valuing Families Forum, funded by the Department of Health.
Click here to find out about the National Valuing Families Forum.
Any family member of someone with a learning disability from Yorkshire and Humber or the North East can join the network or come to the meetings.
- Share - with families, workers and statutory services, positive and negative experiences of families; local and national information about policies and legislation, good practice, problem solving, working to make change happen
- Empower family carers to lobby influential people, organisations and local media and to influence local decision-making
- Promote mutual support by working closely with each other, sharing views and exchanging ideas
- Spread knowledge and build confidence by communicating information to other people, networking and learning together.
- Here is a Press Release from National Valuing Families Forum
- The Family Carers Network has shared their ideas of questions to ask and top tips in following on from the work on Winterbourne View locally