Big Health Day 2012
This page tells you about the different workshops and things which happened at the Yorkshire and Humber Big Health Day 2012
Here are some of the workshops we held and below are the Presentations and Factsheets:
Good eye Care for people with learning disabilities - Laura Christie and Scott Watkin work for SeeAbility. Their job is to encourage people who are blind or partially sighted and have other multiple disabilities to lead a full life by supporting people to have access to good eye care.
Update on the National Forum - Gavin Harding is the Co-chair of the National Forum for people with learning disabilities. This workshop showed what the National Forum has been doing and what you or your self advocacy group might do to make health services better for people with learning disabilities.
Mental Capacity Act: Are we getting the training and support right for health professionals? This workshop was run by Tim Whaley, who works for Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust as their MCA Co-ordinator and is also a freelance consultant often working on the mental capacity act and safeguarding.
Mental Capacity Act: Top tips for me and mine – This workshop was also be run by Tim Whaley. Tim shared the learnings and top tips from recent sessions.
Individual Service Design: A way to make sure people who need a lot of support can lead an active and healthy life - Kate Fulton works for Inclusion North. One of Kate’s pieces of work is supporting individuals who are receiving costly services out of area to help them get the support that makes sense to them using their money in the best way possible.
- This workshop is about how SeeAbility can support people to have access to good eye care
- A Guide about how people are working together in new ways to improve the health of people with learning disabilities
- This report describes the main findings from the recently completed annual self assessment
- This report tells you what we have learnt from the self assessment for health this year
- Mental Capacity Act in Health Care settings - doing it right, checking it's right
- This document shows how they design support around what is important to you
- A Healthy Eyes Factsheet from SeeAbility
- Gavin Harding is the Co Chair of National Forum, and here he is telling us about some of the big changes happening in Health