What makes me a Leader
This page tells you about the work we did with some self advocates across England who worked with us on how to be a good leader.
As the Advocacy and Leadership project traveled round England they asked "What help makes you a good Leader?" Some of the things they told us included
- Tomorrows Leaders training
- Self advocacy groups
- National or regional forums
- Being part of local Partnership boards
- Partners in Policy making training
The project asked a strong self advocacy leader from each of the 9 Valuing People regions to run a workshop on what has made them into a good leader. Each of the regional leaders invited self advocates to come and hear about what had made them a leader and think about how they could become a leader themselves.
Read the reports below
- This project was run by Amanda Platt and the Central England People First Team.
- This project was run by Christian Raphael, Matthew Clark and the Inclusion East Team for the Eastern region
- This project was run by the Power and Control group in London
- This project was run by the Speak Easy Now team in the West Midlands
- This Project was run in the North East by Chaz Blakey and Skills for People