Using Social Media
This page tells you about the work we did with self advocacy groups on how they can share work they are doing by using Social Media
While the Advocacy and Leadership project traveled round England speaking to the regional forums one of the things we found out was that groups have less money to travel to events and tell people about the great work they are involved with.
We wanted to show people that it is still possible to share work without spending any money.
We worked with a group in each of the 9 Valuing People Now regions to work in partnership to arrange a Social Media workshop. At the workshop groups could get a taster session on how things like Facebook, Twitter, Bambuser and other Social Media networks could help promote their work.
We worked with over 125 people from more than 60 different groups.
See a video about the sessions here
The groups that hosted the sessions included
- Richmond Mencap in Yorkshire and Humber
- North West Training Development team in the North West
- Your Voice counts in the North East
- Richmond Mencap in London
- Leicester Mencap in the East Midland
- Bath People First in the South West
- Voices for Kent in the South East
- Speak Easy Now in the West Midlands
- North Hearts People First in the Eastern region
Click here to see some video clips of the Social media sessions
You can check out our Top Tips section where you can see some Top Tips on using Social Media by clicking here.
- The Social media report talks about what happened during the social media project