This page gives you some Top Tips from Self Advocacy or Speaking Up Groups on issues that are important to them
The idea to make Top Tips came from the visits to the regions where some areas said that they were finding it really hard to run a project or get people involved. Some areas were already doing things that other areas wanted help with so we asked what their Top Tips are for doing that work well.
The groups we work with included
- Dorset People First
- The High Support Needs Committee at Voiceability
- Speak Up
- Families in Partnership
- The Comet Group
- The Challenging Behavior Foundation
You can see all the Top Tips in the files below
- Top Tips on swapping skills between people and groups
- Top Tips on working with your local Voluntary Action Support Organisation
- Top tips on how to set up and run a committee for people with complex needs
- Top Tips on building good relationships with Commissioners
- Top Tips on how working with Social media cam make your group stronger.
- Top Tips helping you think about why Carers Advocacy is important.
- Top Tips on what makes a good self advocacy supporter
- Top Tips on Independent Advocacy for people whose behaviour challenges services
- Top Tips on how to campaign to get your voice heard
- Top Tips on how you using Technology can help you be strong.
- Top Tips on how you can get the best out of Social Media for your organisation