Advocacy and Leadership Project
On this page you can find out about a project that ran from 2009 to 2012. There are resources to help-self advocates and advocacy groups.
The Advocacy and Leadership project lasted two years. It was funded by Valuing People Now, part of the Department of Health.
There were two parts to the project.
- First, the Co-ordinators worked with people to find out what leadership and advocacy was like around the country. They also found out what people thought was important to do next.
- Then they worked on four big projects to help local people to speak up more.
There were 2 Advocacy and Leadership Coordinators working part time on this project.
Here are some of the things the project worked on:
- What makes me a leader
- Using social media
- Back to your roots - campaigning together
- Advocacy and Leadership Top Tips
- Finding out about Leadership Training
Click on the links above to find out more.
- Gary and Ian the Advocacy and Leadership coordinators visited each of the 9 Valuing People Now regional forum, Valuing Family forums, Valuing People leads. This report shows what they were told on their visits.
- This report set out what the Advocacy and Leadership project worked on during March 2011 until July 2011
- This report is the final Advocacy and Leadership project report on the full 2 year project and all the work we did